Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Lucky Me

I crashed on a bicycle yesterday, scraped up my elbow, knee, hip, and made sore my hip. My guardian angels were certainly working hard. I gots no serious injuries, and I am alive (it really is Joel that typed this). However, I was on my way to work and I do need money. I could have been run over or I coulde have suffered a head injury. Accidents really happen "so fast." One minute you're pedaling along, listening to jazz in one ear (turned to a low, safe volume for my safety), wearing no helmet 'cause it's a short trip and I don't have one; the next minute you're crashing and burning on asphalt, grime becoming intimate with fleshy wounds.

Must go eat, may add more later. Floor dinner! I'm alive!

2 comments:

L-Po said...

I guess I now know what to get you for your birthday! Happy one-year-older day (yesterday)!

D.J. Lower / KKairos said...

Ouch. It's good that you came out okay, though--thank God.