Friday, February 20, 2009

It's been so long...

Hello internets! It's the k-man, back in action after a lengthy sabbatical. I am alive and studying at Portland State, taking some sociology courses as a declared Sociology Major.

Hmmm... nothing all that interesting is happening in my life at the moment. I've bought a few things recently as I am doing my best to support our economy in these tough times. A joke. BUT: the economy and the foundations for the global economic paradigm are pretty much the focus of two of my courses and I've learned that some major changes definitely need to occur as far as trade agreements go (see WTO, NAFTA, etc) before we see any lasting change (hint: buying an mp3 player and a drum set from random people on craiglist won't solve or ease the crisis we're in), especially internationally. Corporations able to sue countries = ERROR.

Anyway: I am also taking a course titled "The Sociology of Integrative Medicine," which is basically a review of complementary and alternative medicine modalities with a sociological twist. I'm proud to say we've meditated (more or less) as a class on multiple occasions.

Soooo: nothing too exciting. I might start contributing to SCCOS on a more regular basis if I get the urge.

Take care, internets! I leave you with a link! It be a hosted mp3 of a tune I've been groovin to lately. "Raphael Saadiq - Skyy, Can You Feel Me"

No comments: